How The Treatment Works
We use Plasma Energy in the cauterization of an unwanted lesion. It is a thermal reaction of the skin relating to the removal or evaporation of the upper layers of the epidermal tissue.
Used For The Removal Of
- Actinic Keratosis
- Benign Moles (abnormal growths)
- Skin tags
- Age spots
Patients Not Suitable for Treatment
If you are currently experiencing any of the below conditions, you cannot avail of Plasma Energy Therapy at this time –
- Keloid scarring
- Open cuts or wounds
- Pregnancy of lactating
- Fitzpatrick Skin Type 5 or 6
- Acute medication e.g. Roaccutane (you will need to be off the medication for 6 – 12 months)
What To Expect During Your Treatment
- The treated area of lesion will be cleansed and a topical numbing cream will be applied.
- It will take 15 minutes or so for the numbing to reach maximum effect At this stage, the cream is cleansed and the area or lesion is deeper cleanser with an alcohol swab.
- The lesion is then removed with single probe movements.
- For larger skin lesions to be removed, it may require a second treatment for maximum results.
- The formation of brown or black crusts on the skin surface will occur. Do not pick them (crusts will fall off on day 5 – 10).
After Care Information
Keep the treated area dry as much as possible
- Apply anti-septic cream to the treated area using soft gauze and a small amount of product. Continue treating with anti-septic cream for 5 – 7 days.
- Do not use perfumed or exfoliating products on the treated area.
- You must apply SPF 30 – 50 daily.
- Do not apply products with active ingredients, such as Retinol, L-Asorbic C, or Salicylic, until the area is fully healed.
No excessive exercise, heat, steam treatments, swimming, or outdoor activities for 48 hours.
Follow up appointment in 4 weeks is required – this may be a “visual appointment”, allowing the aesthetician to assess the area and if required, a 2nd appointment may be made for 2 weeks thereafter.