Platelet Rich Plasma is an injectable process which uses your own blood in a safe and natural form of treatment, commonly used to treat a number of skin conditions. It works by taking platelet cells from your own blood, which are rich in stem cells and growth factors, and using it to regenerate and rejuvenate your skin. The plasma naturally increases elasticity and collagen production in the skin.
The unique benefit of Platelet Rich Plasma treatments is that it uses your own blood – no artificial or synthetic chemicals. This ensure that there are little to no side effects while obtaining smoother, younger skin. PRP therapy is the safest non-invasive procedure available due to the fact that you are using cells from your own body, and therefore there can be no allergic reaction. There is no anaesthetic required as we use a topical cream to numb the area before treatment. The treatment is virtually painless with fast recovery time.
This procedure is used for skin rejuvenation and hair loss. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) can amplify the natural growth factors your body uses to heal itself, helping cells to repair and renew. PRP injections appear to reduce hair loss in those with male or female pattern baldness.
If you are currently experiencing any of the below conditions, you cannot avail of a Platelet Rich Plasma therapy at this time;
– Pregnancy or breastfeeding
– Acute and chronic infections
– Anti-coagulation therapy (Warfin, etc.)
– Allergy to topic anaesthetics.
– Keloid scarring
– Oral retinoids (Roaccutane) in the past 6 months.
– A topical numbing cream is applied to the area before treatment.
– The nurse will draw a sample of your blood.
– Your blood sample is placed into a centrifuge, causing blood components to separate.
– The separated plasma is gathered and injected into the treatment area.
– After the procedure, the treated area may be red and flushed in appearance.
– You may experience some tenderness in the treated area, with pinpoint bleeding and a feeling of tightness. These sensations will usually resolved within a few hours.
– The procedure may cause areas of bruising, with the eye contour being the area most at risk.
– Avoid intensive sunlight, saunas, sunbeds, and swimming pools for 1 week.
– Use adequate sunscreen protection.
– Avoid products with active ingredients.
– Use a warm or tepid water or gentle cleansers to clean the skin – do not scrub, and pat dry only.
– Make-up can be applied once the skin has settled – usually by the next day. Mineral foundation is preferred if possible.
– Avoid depilatory creams, waxing, and laser hair removal for a minimum of 1 week after treatment.
Copyright © 2023 Rose Clinic Design & Develop by Pluspromotions.ie